5 Tips for Getting Corporate Sponsorship for Your Nonprofit

Course 99 Problems But A (Sponsorship Pitch) Ain’t One
5 Rules For Creating Sponsorship Proposals That Get Funded

5 Tips for Getting Corporate Sponsorship for Your Nonprofit

Getting-Corporate-Sponsorship-for-Your-Nonprofit

Eighty eight percent of corporations give to charitable causes. Some steps to standing out and getting your share of these contributions include: developing a prospect list of warm leads, preparing a strong proposal, approaching a sponsor, and ultimately persuading them to support your organization.

5 Tips for Getting Corporate Sponsorship for Your Nonprofit:

1. Understand the difference between corporate philanthropy and sponsorship.

Philanthropy is typically motivated by altruism and promotes a business as a good corporate citizen. Sponsorship offers a return on financial investment. Check out this post to learn the differences between corporate philanthropy and sponsorship.

2. Stand out

Stand Our from the hundreds of unsolicited proposals sponsors get every week. Ask your board members, volunteers, and staff, who they know and focus first on those corporations. Other sources to consider: your vendors and the vendors of your supporters

3. Do your research

and know something about your potential sponsors’ mission, goals and giving policies. You can often get a sense of how sponsors have supported other charitable causes by looking at their recent annual reports, and press releases

4. Offer value beyond logo recognition

Think about it ….do businesses like Pepsi really need logo recognition from your non-profit?

5. Keep It basic: your proposal does not have to be fancy

Your proposal does not have to be fancy to be viewed favorably. If you have a connection to your sponsor they will consider your modestly designed proposal over the glossy, fancy proposal from someone they don’t know.

Here are some additional resources for getting corporate sponsorship for Your Nonprofit

Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy (CECP): Founded by Paul Newman this international forum of corporations lead the business community in raising the level and quality of corporate philanthropy

Google Alerts: updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of topic

Hoover’s Online: Public company profiles linked to current earnings updates, ticker symbols, and additional Web searches

Want to learn more? Get our book. This information-packed workbook is a step by step guide to securing corporate sponsorship from identifying the right prospects to making the in-person “ask”.

8 Comments

1. Ann Weaver says:

This is a message to the 5 Tips for Getting Corporate Sponsorship for Your Nonprofit | Get Corporate Sponsorship webmaster. Your website is missing out on at least 300 visitors per day. Our traffic system will dramatically increase your traffic to your website: http://priscilarodrigues.com.br/url/v – We offer 500 free targeted visitors during our free trial period and we offer up to 30,000 targeted visitors per month. Hope this helps 🙂 Unsubscribe here: http://priscilarodrigues.com.br/url/11

2. zuowi says:

I simply wanted to thank you very much once more. I do not know the things I might have gone through in the absence of the actual basics provided by you concerning such area of interest. It had been an absolute terrifying matter for me, however , looking at a new professional tactic you managed the issue made me to leap for delight. I’m just thankful for this service as well as expect you are aware of an amazing job you are undertaking instructing the rest thru your web blog. More than likely you have never encountered any of us.

3. zuowi says:

I simply wished to thank you so much all over again. I am not sure what I would have followed without the actual recommendations discussed by you directly on that area. It previously was a very troublesome dilemma in my view, but viewing your expert fashion you solved it forced me to leap with contentment. I will be happier for this service as well as wish you comprehend what a great job you have been providing instructing others using your website. I am sure you’ve never got to know all of us.

4. zuowi says:

I needed to compose you one very little word to finally thank you as before considering the great tactics you have featured in this case. It has been so unbelievably open-handed of you to deliver easily what exactly a lot of folks would’ve made available as an e book in making some money for their own end, notably considering the fact that you could possibly have tried it in case you considered necessary. Those strategies also worked to become a good way to be sure that other people online have the same eagerness just like my personal own to realize good deal more when it comes to this matter. I think there are several more enjoyable moments up front for folks who take a look at your website.

5. zuowi says:

Needed to put you the little bit of remark to be able to say thanks once again with your gorgeous ideas you’ve documented on this site. This has been certainly remarkably generous of people like you to deliver unreservedly all many individuals could have sold as an e-book to generate some cash for themselves, particularly given that you could possibly have tried it in case you considered necessary. Those good ideas additionally served as a easy way to understand that many people have similar interest really like mine to see a whole lot more on the subject of this condition. I think there are lots of more pleasurable opportunities up front for folks who scan your blog.

6. zuowi says:

I must point out my respect for your generosity for individuals that really want guidance on that issue. Your special commitment to passing the message along turned out to be extremely good and have frequently helped workers much like me to reach their pursuits. Your warm and helpful advice entails much to me and somewhat more to my fellow workers. Warm regards; from all of us.

7. I came across your 5 Tips for Getting Corporate Sponsorship for Your Nonprofit – Get Corporate Sponsorship website and wanted to let you know that we have decided to open our POWERFUL and PRIVATE website traffic system to the public for a limited time! You can sign up for our targeted traffic network with a free trial as we make this offer available again. If you need targeted traffic that is interested in your subject matter or products start your free trial today: http://0nulu.com/opx Unsubscribe here: http://0nulu.com/mvx

8. withdraw says:

I һave to thank you for the efforts you have put
    in writіng this website. I really hоpе to see the same high-grade content from
    you іn the fᥙture as well. Іn faϲt, your creative wгiting abilities has іnspired me to get
    my own, personal website now 😉