4 Proven Strategies For Getting A Sponsor In The Next 90 Days
Over the past 18 years, I’ve helped my clients raise over $80 million dollars. During the early days of my career, I wasted time and other people’s money by taking a haphazard approach to securing corporate sponsorship. Along the way, I’ve learned a set of simple best practices for getting a corporate sponsor.
These are my top four:
1. Rely on relationships
YOU have sponsorship prospects right now! “What No One Tells You About Your Current Prospects” explains how to leverage your colleagues, stakeholders, and board to target, meet, solicit and close sponsorship deals.
2. Offer real value!
Many of my clients are selling $1,000 tweets! Easily and often. How? They understand influence, value and what sells. One of the most common proposal offerings is logo recognition. But think about it–does a large corporation really need your help with logo recognition? Many sponsorship seekers mistakenly consider whats of REAL top value. Keep in mind: Your offerings MUST advance your prospective sponsors goals.
3. Don’t waste time on fancy design
I CAN’T STRESS THIS POINT ENOUGH: Your proposal does not have to be fancy to be viewed favorably. If you have a connection to your sponsor they will consider your modestly designed proposal over the glossy, fancy proposal from someone they don’t know. PS- 90% of the sponsorship deals I’ve closed started through sending my prospect clear value based bullet points and hyperlinks to supporting materials. Just saying ;).
4. If you’re looking for fast money– you’ll have better luck playing poker.
I’ve closed dozens of sponsorship deals quickly. BUT–It typically takes between 7-10 interactions to close a deal. Your sponsorship prospect has internal meetings, bottlenecks, sign-offs etc. The delays usually have nothing to do with you/your brand. Corporate Sponsorship is NOT a quick financial fix describes the sponsorship process and offers and tips for closing sponsorship deals faster.
ARE YOU ON TRACK?
Corporations spend billions of dollars partnering with people, organizations and brands that can help them reach their ideal customer. Don’t miss out on getting your share. Here are some resources:
NOTE- if you have trouble with links, please email us at email@example.com
- Instantly download our ultimate step-by-step guide: The Get Corporate Sponsorship e-book. $27 USD
- Check out our website for more sponsorship insight:getcorporatesponsorship.com
- Do you want to up your current sponsorship game, discuss prospects and opportunities? Book a 60 minute laser focused coaching session with Anisha Robinson Keeys. $297 USD
- Need to accelerate your fundraising efforts NOW? Read more about our Get Sponsors Now! Coaching program. Limited availability and approval process is required. $2497 USD
- Buy a customized prospect list of the top industries most likely to fund your work. This targeted report gives you full contact information, including contact names, postal and e-mail addresses and a telephone number for each sponsorship prospect. starting at $500 USD
- Get on our mailing list for exclusive and current tips